Latvian Orchestras Association
Latvian Orchestras Association (LOA) has brought together 900 members from 28 Latvian Youth and Amateur symphony and chamber orchestras (10 symphony orchestras, 15 chamber orchestras, 3 string orchestras). They are both Latvian University, College of Music as well as music and art school orchestras from all Regions of Latvia.
LOA was founded on 24th October 2012 by conductors of Latvian youth symphony, chamber- and string orchestras and representatives of various orchestras and music schools principals as well.
Aims of Latvian Orchestras Association:
1. Promote and develop Latvian Youth and Amateur symphony orchestras, chamber orchestras and string orchestras creativity in Latvia and abroad;
2. Provide the establishment a new symphony, chamber- and string orchestras in Latvia;
3. Develop and maintain awareness of the importance of collective musicianship in Latvia and in the world;
4. Promote the regional policy of culture and integration processes of the society in Latvia.
The tasks of Latvian Orchestras Association:
1. Promote mutual cooperation between Latvian universities, secondary schools, music and art schools, as well as amateur symphony and chamber orchestras;
2. Organize festivals, concerts, master classes, creative camps and other cultural activities;
3. Promote the youth orchestras repertoire creation and sharing;
4. Participate in the Latvian Song and Dance Festival;
5. Organize and support members of the Association in various international events and exchange programs;
6. Cooperate with the Symphony Orchestras Associations from Baltic countries, European Orchestras Federation (EOFed) and other orchestras associations in the world;
7. Promote the LOA orchestras, conductors and collective leaders professional growth, as well as to encourage the mutual exchange of work experience;
8. Cooperate with the national, local government and other organizations;
9. Attract public, private and other financial resources for the realization of LOA aims.
The board of Latvian Orchestras Association:
Normunds Dreģis President of LOA
Guntars Bernāts Vice-president of LOA
Aivars Broks Board member of LOA
Mārtiņš Bergs Board member of LOA
Aivars Bunķis Board member of LOA